The University Council is the governing and decision making organ of the University. Members of the Board of Directors of Revealed Word University are appointed by the Founder and Co-founder of the University.
Members of University Council:
- Representative of International Missions
- Founder of RWU
- Cofounder of RWU
- CEO of RWU
- Chancellor of RWU
- Vice Chancellor of RWU
- Deputy Vice Chancellors of RWU
Below are the attributions of the RWU Board of Directors/Governors:
To provide points of view and suggestions concerning the University education policies and strategies and assure the follow up of their execution;
To approve the designation of the Chancellor;
To approve the selection of the Members of Senior Management;
To approve Internal Regulations of the University;
To approve the University budget;
To approve the Annual Activity Plan of the University and the related budget;
To approve the conclusions and decisions submitted by the Academic Senate, including particularly the academic awards, recruitment, promotions for lecturers and researchers of higher learning institutions;
To make a follow-up of activities which allow the University to fulfill its mission?
The Board of Directors meets once in three months upon the request of the Chairperson(Founder) or Vice-Chairperson (Cofounder/CEO) in case of the Chairperson’s absence or unavailability while the quorum of 2/3 of its members are present.
In case of emergency and impossibility for the Board of Directors to sit, the Senior Management of the University can urgently decide in order that the University fulfills its mission. In this case, the Vice Chancellor shall communicate the decision in writing to the chairperson of Board of Directors not later than three (3) working days starting from the day on which the decision was taken.
The Board of Directors shall examine the urgent decision taken by the Senior Management during its next meeting.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT OF RWU
Competence - The Senior Management looks forward to administering and managing the University on a daily basis, and takes decisions for the smooth running of the University.
Composition - The Senior Management of RWU is made up of:
- The Vice Chancellor who acts as chairperson;
- The Deputy Vice Chancellor Academics who acts as Vice-Chairperson;
- Chief Executive Officer who acts as Advisor
- Other Deputy Vice Chancellors;
- The Director of Quality Assurance;
- The Director of Administration and Finance.
- Registrar of University
- Secretary of University
Composition - The Academic Senate is composed by the following members:
- The Vice-Chancellor of the University who acts as the Chairperson;
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academics who acts as Vice-chairperson and reporter;
- Other Deputy Vice-Chancellors of the University;
- Deans of Faculties
- The Directors;
- Registrar of University
- Secretary of University
- The Heads of departments;
- The President of students Guild;
- The Commissioner to academic affairs of the General Association of Revealed Word University students;
- A student at postgraduate level elected by his colleagues.
The Academic Senate has the following attributions:
To set up strategies, programs as well as academic and research schedules which are to be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval before implementation;
To prepare and avail the academic regulations to be approved by the Board of Directors as regards admission requirements, teaching conditions, good conduct, sitting for examinations, degrees and certificates issued by the institution, etc.
To appreciate any decision related to exams or other forms of assessment before submitting them for approval to the Board of Directors;
To conduct and supervise teaching-related activities, research and education within schools and departments;
To suggest and submit to the Board of Directors any proposition on creating, reducing, changing, suppressing or merging schools and departments;
To prepare and submit suggestions related to Lecturers recruitment and promotion to the Board of Directors;
To elaborate and submit to the Board of Directors the Annual Report of academic, research and teaching activities undertaken within the institution;
To perform and execute any activity required by the Board of Directors;
Ordinary Academic Senate meetings are convened by the Chairperson once in a month. Extraordinary Academic Senate meetings are convened by the Chairperson when requested by one-third (1/3) of its members and whenever it is deemed necessary.
In the absence of the chairperson, his/her deputy can convene ordinary or extraordinary Academic Senate meetings.
The Academic Senate’s decisions are taken through consensus. However, they may be taken through the absolute majority by polling the members present in the meeting. In case of equality, the Chairman’s decision is preponderant.
The School/Faculty Council analyses all the issues related to teaching and to research within the School or Faculty.
Composition - It is made up of the following members:
- The Dean of the School/ Faculty, who acts as its Chairperson;
- The Heads of Departments;
- The School’s permanent teaching personnel;
- One (1) student representing of the School, this one being elected by his/her colleagues.
- The Secretary of the School/Faculty.
The Department Council analyses all the issues related to teaching and research in the Department.
Composition - Its members appear as follows:
- The Head of Department;
- The permanent teaching staff of the Department;
- The students representing the department.
- The Department Council meets at least once every two weeks on the request of the Head of the Department.
The School Council meets once a month upon the invitation of the Dean of the School, or the most aged head of the department in case of the Dean’s absence or unavailability. Such a case may occur on the request of a third (1/3) of the School Council members.